Thanksgiving – A Success
One of my guests is diabetic and trying to lose weight. As usual, I was able to present a Thanksgiving feast that was appropriate for my friend and for everybody else to enjoy. I served:
- Cream of Carrot Soup (no fat, dash of salt)
- Turkey breast (no skin, no fat)
- Green Beans Almondine with sprinkle of olive oil
- Cranberry Relish (very little sugar)
- Sweet Potato and White Potato Medallions with skin drizzled with a little agave syrup
- Very Instant Strawberry Sorbet (sugar free but sweet)
- Green Tea
I served family style and made plenty. The men folk and those who could afford second helpings were quite satisfied. My friend was satisfied as well although she was aware of her portion sizes. Everybody had a great time, enjoyed the food and were thrilled that it was healthy. All the recipes came straight from my book.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .